House Hunting Trip Check List Base Borden
Your IRP/DND Military Transfer House Hunting Trip (HHT) List
After you have received notification that you are being posted to CFB Borden, to make the House Hunting Trip as smooth as possible please view the list below. Don’t forget to hire Heather Beauchesne as your Military Transfer House Hunting Trip Real Estate Agent for CFB Borden. (How’s that for subtle?)
Heather Beauchesne and her team are committed to our Military personnel. We are qualified and dedicated to ensuring that your posting in or out of CFB Borden & Grey & Simcoe Forresters is as stress free as possible. As a designated Registered Relocation Specialist we will go the extra mile to make sure you are able to find exactly what you are looking for in your next home. The added benefit of Heather having a team is that we can ensure that no matter what we can look after you completely during your HHT.
Making Your House Hunting Trip Smooth & Successful
When you are posted in or out of CFB Borden you can contact Heather by phone (Call or Text), email, or fill out the form at the bottom of this page about your need for her Real Estate expertise and services. Once contact has been made, Heather will contact you by phone or by email to determine what you need and what you want in your new home. She will work with you, exclusively, on your House Hunting Trip so you receive the assistance you require to find your new home
Bring the contact information for your lender (phone, fax and email) or if you are in need of a local mortgage broker, please contact your Real Estate Agent for suggestions for local mortgage brokers/specialists. Using a local mortgage broker may be more effective if you are under time constraints to fulfill your financing conditions during the HHT and may also SAVE your money. Being Pre-Approved for a mortgage with also help you establish your financing parameters so that you are aware of the types of homes you will be able to afford.
If you want to shop for a lender on the HHT, you would need to bring along:
- A valid copy of your posting message
- A copy of your most recent pay stub/statement showing all of your deductions and entitlements
- Proof of down payment. This proof could be a current statement of your bank account, statement of your RRSP funds, Term Deposit, Mutual Funds or some other form of investment.
- If you are using equity from your current home for your downpayment, bring a copy of the most up to date mortgage statement showing the balance outstanding, the term, monthly payments, interest rates and any additional information. If your current home is sold however the closing has not yet occur, make sure to bring a copy of the Agreement of Sale including any waivers, notice of fulfillment of conditions and amendments for the property.
- If you have any current debt such car loans, line of credits, make sure to bring statement of any money left owing on the items and the prepayment schedules and rates.
Check List For A Successful House Hunting Trip
- Send your Real Estate Agent that you have been referred to or chosen to for your move to CFB Borden that is IRP/DND approved, the list on MLS numbers of the homes you want to visit prior to arrival. This will give your Real Estate Agent a chance to review and comment on the listings and get a feel for what you are searching for in your next home.
- Discuss and advise with your Real Estate Agent any special requirements or medical needs that you or your family members have and all requirements you are searching for in a property.
- Bring slip on shoes for easy removal when viewing properties, bring easy slip on slippers in the summer so that you do not have to walk around in your bare feet.
- Bring along a video camera or a still camera to take images of the homes that you are viewing and the ones that catch your most interest so that you can review at a later time. With the time crunch on any House Hunting Trip, memories of homes tend to mesh together and so this will be a great way to keep houses separate and to keep a good reminder of likes and dislikes of a property.
- Every contract of Purchase and Sale require a deposit to be held in a Real Estate Trust Account. The standard in Simcoe County is $1,000. Depending on the closing date, this cheque can be a personal cheque, certified cheque or bank draft, however this cheque will need to be deposited within 24 hours of an accepted Agreement of Purchase.
- If applicable, have your spouse bring their resume and see if you can find a house and a new job while on your House Hunting Trip. Great websites to preview job opportunities are www.workopolis.com or make sure to have an up to date profile on LinkedIn. This site offers great opportunities to peruse job opportunities. www.linkedin.com
- Keep a short list of the top 3 homes in your mind and put the remaining homes on a “B” list or reject them altogether. Write down notes of the pros and cons that you found for these properties and book a second viewing to see which home will better suit your needs and those of your family.
- Ask your Real Estate Agent for a list of local lawyers, inspectors and other professionals for the purchase of your new property.
If you are relocating out of CFB Borden, Heather will:
- Make sure to refer you to a reputable Realtor in your target city that will work to our standards to find you a new home.
- Prepare a Comparative Market Analysis or Letter of Opinion to determine the current value of your home.
- Ensure that your listing gets the maximum exposure through various marketing venues
- Provide you with a list of the team of preferred professionals that the team works with
- Negotiate an Agreement of Purchase and Sale
- Communicate with you during the entire sale process
- Keep in touch with you through newsletter, regular mailings as well weekly market updates